We are not bound to strictly comply with the Australian Privacy Principles or the Privacy Act, but we think it is
important to show you what information we collect, what we will and won’t do with your personal information, as
well as how we collect, store, and handle personal information.
- accessing our Sites (including our website raveche.com.au, our presence on third-party applications as well
as social media platforms),
- sending us information (such as an email or enquiry form message),
- buying products & services from us, or
- as set out in our Site Terms.
Collecting & using your information
1. What kind of personal information do we collect?
- You don’t have to give us your personal information, but if you don’t, we might not be able to provide you our
various services or you might not be able to access certain Site features.
Examples We can’t contact you if we don’t have your contact details. We can’t visit and inspect your property if
we don’t know your address.
Depending on how we interact with you, we might collect some or all the following information:
- Contact: Name, age, email address, date of birth, address, phone number, drivers’ licence,
- Social: Gender, social media platform details and information you give us through them, images of you,
- Device: Device type, IP address, browser type, operating system, location, device, and network information
- Actions: How you interact with our Site, browser session & geo-location data, search queries & browsing
behaviour & search history, details of enquiries you make about our products or services
- Financial: Purchase history, payment method (through our third-party payment processor), bank account
details, your budget for buying or selling property
- Content: Contents of communications, stored documents & media,
- Location: Delivery address, electronic signature geo-tag location, publicly available check in location data
on social media, preferred suburbs for buying property.
2. Use: Why do we collect, hold, use, and disclose your personal info?
- To deliver our services to you, to communicate with you,
- to market products and services to you, to tell you important service updates,
- To verify identity or address and delivery information,
- To provide Site functionality,
- To take payment and to give refunds,
- For internal record keeping, invoicing, and billing,
- For analytics, market research and business development, including to operate and improve our Site
- For marketing, to send you promotional information about us and our products and services and information
about third parties we think you might be interested in,
- To comply with our legal obligations or to resolve disputes,
- To consider your application to join our team.
3. Opting out: Changing your preferences
You can opt out of marketing communications at any time by clicking on the link in our communications to
How do we store & secure this info?
To help prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have general physical, electronic & management
processes to securely store personal information & protect it from misuse, loss, unauthorised access,
modification & disclosure.
- Whilst we take measures to safeguard against unauthorised disclosures, we can’t assure you the personal
- We do not guarantee the security of any information transmitted to or by us over the Internet.
Who do we disclose your personal information to?
- Our service providers, such as delivery partners, design and marketing partners, IT service providers, data
storage, web-hosting and server providers, strategic advisors, and payment systems operators.
- Our employees, contractors, and related entities
- Our existing or potential agents or business partners, sponsors, or promoters of competitions we run
- Credit reporting agencies, courts, or authorities if you do not pay for our goods or services
- Authorised law enforcement agencies who follow the legally required processes, or in connection with any
actual or prospective legal proceedings, or to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights
- Third parties, including agents or sub-contractors, who help us in providing information, products, services, or
direct marketing to you. This may include parties located, or that store data, outside of Australia
- Third parties to collect and process data, such as Google Analytics or other relevant businesses, including
those that store data outside Australia.
6. Disclosure outside Australia
Some suppliers we use to provide you services are located outside Australia.
- We may disclose your personal information outside Australia. Overseas third parties might not be governed
by the Privacy Act and might not comply with the Australian Privacy Principles. So if those parties breach the
Privacy Principles, you aren’t protected by the Privacy Act.
- By giving us your personal information, you consent to us disclosing it outside Australia and acknowledge
we aren’t required to ensure overseas recipients manage your personal information in line with AU Privacy
Cookies are small text files placed in your computer’s browser to store your preferences.
- On their own, cookies do not tell us personal information however, they let others like Google and Facebook,
push our adverts to appear on your social media and online media as part of our marketing.
- If you give us personal information, we may link this to the data stored in the cookie.
8. 🚨 Web beacons: Do we use web beacons?
Yes, we may use web beacons on our Site from time to time.
- Web beacons are small pieces of code placed in a web page or email to monitor behaviour of site visitors
and email recipients.
- We may also use Google Analytics to collect and process data. For more details on how Google uses data
when you use third party websites or apps, please search Google’s site.
9. Links to other websites
Our Sites have links to other websites & applications that we don’t control. We cannot and do not protect
personal information you share with those other websites. Check those other websites for details of their privacy
We will change this Policy if we change the way we manage your personal information changes or privacy laws
change. When we do, we put the updated policy on our Sites and, if possible, we also notify you via email.
11. Complaints and questions
Let us know if you have questions or concerns about how we use your personal information or the way we try to
explain how we manage your information.
- You are responsible for the accuracy of information you decide to give us.
- If the information we hold about you is incomplete, irrelevant, or otherwise incorrect, please let us know so
we can fix it.
- We know we won’t always get things perfect, so we appreciate your feedback to improve.
For more information on Australian privacy law, visit oaic.gov.au or contact OAIC via [email protected].